This page brings together a listing of a number of my posts on aspects of projects.
Those of my readers interested in Projects and Project Management can use this page as a starting point for their review of my thoughts in this area.
- It’s the PM’s Fault – a defence of the Project Manager
- Snapping at ARTA – looks at some of the questions raised over the procurement of a new transport ticketing system in Auckland
- 10 Important points to consider, before spending public money – looks at possible parallels between UK situation and the Public Accounts Committee report and NZ
- Massive UK NHS project may collapse – looks at some of the issues associated with this, with the benfit of hindsight, over large project
- Key Issues in Project Success/Failure – my presentation to the 2009 ISACA Governance Day – available for download
- Reflections on Project Failure #1 – referenced a post by Basil Woods and the report by the UK Public Accounts Committee – I then suggested that organisational culture had considerable impact on success/failure
- UD$6.2 trillion = annual cost of IT failure – looks at some recent estimates of the cost impact of failed projects
- Lessons from Failure – A Tale of Three Projects – details a presentation, with download, I gave in June 2009 to the Wellington ISACA chapter, based on some real life examples
- Defining IT Project Failure – a short video presentation on this topic
- Some Thoughts: Storm Warnings in Projects – a recent consideration of issues signalling potential failure and their relationship to broader issues of governance, which impact not just projects but the enterprise
I will be adding to this group from time to time.