I came across this interesting item today regarding the use of Social Media
In this video Michael Stelzner, of Social Media Examiner, interviews Joe Pulizzi, author of Get Content, Get Customers. Joe is an expert in the world of content. Listen to Joe explain why you must have a content marketing strategy before you have a social media strategy. Joe connects the dots between content and social media.
Vodpod videos no longer available.
If you are interested in using Social Media, then Michael Stelzner says that this video will help you consider:-
- How to take your sales hat off and put on the publishing hat on
- Why you need something interesting to say to say
- What you need to do first before you write your report
- How to add social tools in your content strategy
- Why you need to know where your customers are hanging out online
- How to get the most bang on your buck for your content marketing strategy
- What content works best on social media
- What’s changing today with regards to content marketing
Furthermore he provides a free download of the Content Playbook (it’s free) to find 42 different content tactics you can use.
Some interesting points come out of the video and related download. Worth looking at and thinking about. In essence this is about the application of commonsense and forethought. As always understanding what your customer wants/needs is key.